One of my friends said something interesting...

Marriage Discussion

Postby Tate » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 pm

This might be somewhat off topic, but relates to my breakup that happened over the weekend. On Sunday I went out with a friend to the bar. He offered to drive and even paid for my drinks. It was a ton of fun to go out and not think about the breakup. I drank enough to be pretty buzzed. Then Monday night I went out with my best friend from high school. I was the one driving so I didn't drink as much, and again, it was so nice to not be thinking about the breakup. Last night I went to another friend's house, this time a guy I work with. He's the nicest guy I've met here at work, has a wife and two kids, and offered for me to come over and have dinner and a few beers. He said something odd, though. He knows about the breakup, and asked quite a few times how I was and if I was okay. But then he said "Now you better not be going and getting belligerently drunk all the time", which was very odd to hear from him, because he's never seen me drunk before. I guess I'm just wondering if I should be worried about how much I'm drinking. I'm not getting out of control drunk at all, just somewhat buzzed the last few nights. He just made me wonder if I shouldn't be drinking. I'm not drinking solely for the purpose of getting over the breakup, I'm just having fun and it's helping me get over it. Thanks
Tate

Return to Marriage