LTR with a friend

Marriage Discussion

Re: LTR with a friend

Postby Timothea » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 am

I have felt that way
that's why I top-post so rarely. But sometimes a thought or two from the things people say filters through gradually. You can at least think about them and use or discard. I like to check it against friends IRL. But it takes a real real real good friend IRL to tell you tough stuff you don't wanna hear. <BR
Timothea

Postby Erinn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Grumpy!
No one tore you down. It was a very interesting discussion on friendship boundaries. A lot of people just don't agree with your POV. No one insulted you or beat you down. Geez. Btw, $100 says you still read this! *waits around until he sees Thang click on this* AH-HA! I knew you'd be back! X
Erinn

Postby karen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:51 pm

she's unhappy about this particular friendship
not about whether or not she's got a lover. so your comment seemed a little misplaced
karen

Postby Carm » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:56 am

I don't think there is room enough
for a razor blade between those two circumstances. <BR
Carm

Postby kary » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:15 pm

funny, I see a major difference.
to each her own
kary

Postby Lanette » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 am

Let it go
If you've contacted him a couple of times and he is not returning the contact, you should stop it
Lanette

Postby Janessa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Don'tcha just hate when this happens?
I've had some very close friendships with women who were between relationships; then a new love interest comes along, they suddenly start acting like they owe you money. I guess you just need to back off give them some space. They'll either make room for you again, or they won't. Sorry you're missing your friend. What's happening to you isn't cool, but it seems to be a fact of life for some people
Janessa

Postby Zonda » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 am

You might just be SOL
Unfortunately. Sometimes it comes down to deciding what the priorities are in our relationships. And if his fiance doesn't trust that your friendship with him is purely platonic and wants him to end it, the unfortunate end of the stick is that you're only his friend and she's his fiance. I hope I would never be put into a position where I'd have to lose a very close friend because my spouse or SO was uncomfortable with our friendship. But in the end, to keep our relationship going, especially with my wife, I would do it. Even though your crush on him ended a long time ago and he's just a brother to you, I don't think that's going to factor in much here at this point
Zonda

Postby Jodee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your friendship, ms. thang.
I have a lot of guy friends and have had varying success in maintaining those friendships after they've been attached/married. It got instantly easier once I was dating and madly in love with my now hubby. You can do your part - be super friendly with the gf; try to do things with them as a couple; etc. Ultimately, though, I think this is more a function of how confident and secure the woman is in her relationship. You won't ever win with someone who is super insecure or jealous
Jodee

Postby Happy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:22 am

ultimately
this is a function of whether thang gets her own man. She can holler all she likes and others can talk all they like about opposite-sex platonic friendships, but most people's best friends outside their marriage are of their own gender. And not because someone is insecure or jealous
Happy

PreviousNext

Return to Marriage