Spontaneity - Do you have it in you ltr?

Marriage Discussion

Re: Spontaneity - Do you have it in you ltr?

Postby Jill » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Good for you!
Yes, if there's anything that I learned from my previous ltr, it's that being apperciated is the best feeling ever
Jill

Postby bridgett » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 pm

That's great!
Mine is very much the same. By the way, I emailed your CL anon address so that you'd have mine
bridgett

Postby Mel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

thanks Miss C!
Nobody is perfect ... but (in my eyes) DH comes close
Mel

Postby Cammi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Speak for yourself.
I still suprise my wife all the time. A special dinner, flowers, a note tucked in her laptop for when she opens it. I have been married 13 years, and I still keep finding ways to suprise her and show her I care. Why? Because that is my job as her husband. I never stopped dating my wife
Cammi

Postby kang-wuu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 am

sweet
kang-wuu

Postby Alicia » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 am

I just can't get beyond Dax's polyamory
I just can't. I can't tell how much of his "love and adoration" for his wife has to do with the fact that she's ok with his sleeping with another woman. It's hard for me to take his "advice" on marriage (see above where he chides a poster for considering marrige a drive-through option) when his marriage is far from what most of us envision as a happy union. Yeah, I guess I'm close-minded on the subject. He just gives me the creeps and his "I am such a great wonderful husband" schtick wore thin when I read his posts on the poly forum
Alicia

Postby Fania » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 pm

And you are allowed your opinion.
Whether or not you believe it is not my problem. I love and honor my wife. I also have affection (growing) for my girlfriend. If at any time my wife wanted to close our marriage, it would be. *WE* decided to explore that avenue, not *me* making the decision. Had she decided against it, it would have never happened. You are allowed your preferences, and I mine. I am still married, and still enjoying a marriage I spent 12 years builing a solid foundation on before embracing polyamory. I still promote monogamy because I still think it is a wonderful idea, and may be again one day. <BR
Fania

Postby Donovan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:10 am

I guess I can't wrap my head around it
If monogamy is such a "wonderful idea," why abandon it? I guess it doesn't matter - your life is yours to live, of course, as is mine. But it seems as if you are very eager to promote yourself as this wonderful, true, devoted and romantic husband without letting on that you are also fucking your girlfriend. With your wife's permission, of course, but that does seem like a fairly significant detail to omit
Donovan

Postby Shela » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Because the post didnt require
me to say anything about my girlfriend. It was about do I slack off after I "got" my wife. I dont. I do "little things" for my girlfriend also, but since the relationship is new, it doesnt qualify. Plus this isnt the polyamory site, so I try out of respect for what the forum is ed to try and keep it on topic. If something came up that I can give my opinion for regarding my dating relationship, then I will speak of it. And if you think it is only about sex, you are *really* on the wrong page. No one... and I mean NO ONE rocks my world like my wife does. And for the records, she has a boyfriend also. And we decided to go polyamory over "open" because casual sex isnt that much of a draw to either of us. The thought of a relationship with the person, having feelings for the person mattered more than a orgasm
Shela

Postby Angelica » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:51 pm

that's why there is 39+ flavors of ice cream
everyone's marriage is at least slightly different. Some couples have joint accounts - some don't. Some couples take separate vacations - some don't. Some want kids - some don't. Some believe you can love more than one person - some don't. To think that your way is the only way, or that majority must be correct, does lead to narrow mindedness. His marriage is perfect for him ... because they both believe its okay to love more than one person. It doesn't make them any less married than you or I. Gotta say ... I'm a little surprised
Angelica

PreviousNext

Return to Marriage