Spontaneity - Do you have it in you ltr?

Marriage Discussion

Re: Spontaneity - Do you have it in you ltr?

Postby Patsy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 am

Yeah, I know.
I know that this is close-minded of me. I know it is. I am not particularly proud of that, but neither am I particularly ashamed to say that I don't think a husband who is as devoted, true, and in love with his wife as Dax claims to be would be so keen to have a girlfriend, as well. His posts just seem a bit forced, as if he is trying to convince himself as much as us. And they haven't been at the polyamory business all that long - so it seems more like scratching an itch than a real yen for polyamory. <BR
Patsy

Postby wandojo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:33 am

and I know for a FACT
that many posters on here who claim to have wonderful happy marriages, actually don't. So what's the point? Should I tell them I can't take their advice either? If that were the case, no one should take my advice as I'm single and in a marriage forum
wandojo

Postby Anna-maria » Sun May 22, 2011 8:23 am

Well, sort of, I guess
It's just a gut feeling, I suppose. If I really suspected a poster was lying about his/her happy wonderful marriage, then yeah I would definitely take that poster's advice with a grain of salt. With you - your posts ring true. You lay it out and it like you see it. Your advice is, oh I don't know, trustworthy because of that. You also bring a lot of experience and wisdom to the table, probably because you DON'T act like you're the perfect partner, in the most wonderful relationship ever. It's not so much your (or anyone's) status vis a vis a relationship as the way you present yourself, your experiences, and your views/advice. Does that make any sense
Anna-maria

Postby Simone » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 am

I guess anyone
who claims to have a great perfect relationship can't really be believed.. LOL
Simone

Postby regis » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:20 pm

well, every relationship
works differently. If they are happy, who are we to judge them and decide that they don't stand up to marriage standards? WHat you see isn't always what you get. the normal happy couple you might be friends with might like inviting a 20 year leather clad freak to their dungeon once a month
regis

Postby Ardith » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Yeah, I shouldn't judge. I know
And it's not that I'm judging polyamory per se, but I guess I don't buy the story he's selling. Chalk it up to a gut feeling I get from the posts, I guess. As far as marriage standards, I see what you're saying. I do. And I agree
Ardith

Postby Marcille » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:53 pm

you have that gut feeling
because of the polyamory. If he never metnioned that, that gut feeling wouldn't be there at all
Marcille

Postby Leno » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Hard to articulate, but it's not the polyamory
per se. Folks who go into a polyamorous relationship or who know they are polyamorous from the beginning or such don't bother me at all. I can't really relate to them, but I can actually admire their approach to life and love. For reasons I can't really explain, I just don't get that vibe from this particular poster. It's almost a "thou doth protest too much" thing, I guess
Leno

Postby Azmeena » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:54 am

trying to hard
kinda thing
Azmeena

Previous

Return to Marriage