Semi OT - Disappointed in friend

Marriage Discussion

Re: Semi OT - Disappointed in friend

Postby Dorri » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:33 pm

I don't believe that anyone said its too much to
ask. But the impression is that what's going on is she's fishing for the response she wants out of the friend and when it didn't come...that's when she's placing blame upon her friend. We have NO idea how our own actions/words are perceived by others. We also know nothing of what their experiences are presently and what might be going on. This really appears to be a case of someone waiting for people to come through instead of letting them know clearly she feels she needs help AND what that help would be
Dorri

Postby Kira » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:32 pm

I would agree on the inviting her
to stay over. But come on, would you really tell a friend: "hey, this is what's going on in my life, would you me and make sure I'm not too down?" I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a friend to see how you're doing when things are not going well. Friends should not only be here and contact you when everything is going well
Kira

Postby Rigby » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm

No, but I know IF I chose to talk to them about
it they'd know the scoop. I think that most everyone I know will state to "let me know if you need anything"..that puts it back on ME to actually make a . Its not fair to sit back and wait to see if they'll me. I don't know if that's happened here or not but if I want to talk to someone I will . <BR
Rigby

Postby Kippy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:54 am

I thouhgt OP initiated contacts via
emails, and the friend didn't answered back after a while. I know that when I went through my dark times, my friends would and make sure I wasn't jumping out the window or something. They would make sure I was ok. I do the same thing when I know that one of them is going through a hard time. And yes, if you want to talk to someone . But all those posters telling op how selfish she is and how it's all about her are not realistic in my opinion. To say that you don't expect friends to pull through when needed is unrealistic to me
Kippy

Postby Elsinore » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:05 am

agreed
Elsinore

Previous

Return to Marriage