Annulment paperwork

Divorce Discussion

Annulment paperwork

Postby Jo-Marie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:47 am

Annulment paperwork
Nope, there's no way to do it without his consent. There's something ed an "Uncontested annulment" that I can do in my state, but he can't contest it...And he will. I was kind of hoping there was a way I could just kind of DO IT without dragging it into a huge fight. I mean, it's so bad that I'll sleep on the futon in the living room, even LET him have the bed and I wake up with him cuddled around me in the living room!! Ugh, as horrible as it sounds, I was hoping there was a way to do it without even involving him...But I'm sure I just have my head in the clouds. sigh....looks like I'll be taking a long drive to Viera
Jo-Marie

Re: Annulment paperwork

Postby Prisca » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:50 am

I feel bad for him
Why did you marry him if you didn't love him? He obviously loves you
Prisca

Postby dorai » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:05 pm

I did love him, theres just things that I
can't work past, like his inability to be wholly honest with me on a day to day basis. He does love me and I'll always love him, he was my first, but I'm tired of crying. I thought the marriage would change things, he told me he'd be more open, more honest....And he was. For a few weeks
dorai

Postby detleff » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Huge dishonesty?
or little white lies? misrepresentation is grounds for annulment, just an FYI
detleff

Postby Bridget » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 am

Well, I can't prove the HUGE
dishonesties other than that woman from Texas...Other than that little "farce" it's mostly just little white lies, but its CONSTANTLY, it's damaging our trust, true, but it's more AGGRAVATING than anything else! No matter how many times we talk about it and he aggrees to stop, he just starts doing it again! Am I getting a little too ranty? "I feel ranty, baby." Haha! 2 points for anyone that gets the word play reference
Bridget

Postby Anette » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:02 pm

that's not grounds for annulment
FLORIDA ANNULMENT OF MARRIAGE Marriages can be formally terminated either by dissolution (also known as a divorce) or by annulment. An annulment is usually preferred for religious reasons, and is accompanied by a church annulment procedure. A decree annulling a marriage is grounded on the fact that a valid marriage never existed, either because the marriage was void or voidable. A void or voidable marriage may be terminated by dissolution or annulment. Annulment is an appropriate method of termination of the marriage where one of the parties lacked the capacity to contract; either because of a prior existing marriage, extreme intoxication or lack of the requisite mental capacity. A lack of physical capacity to consummate the marriage may also be sufficient grounds for annulment, although impotency should not be confused with sterility. If the lack of intent to contract or to fulfill the contract can be proven, the marriage can be annulled. Lack of consent to the marriage can manifest itself in a marriage ceremony held in jest. A marriage was annulled where the older brother of the father of a woman's child married her solely for the purpose of preventing the child from being illegitimate and with no intent that the marriage be consummated. A marriage induced by fraud and deceit can be annulled where the marriage has not been consummated. Misrepresentation of pregnancy, alone, has been held an insufficient reason for annulment. It appears, however, that sexual intercourse operates as a complete ratification of a marriage otherwise voidable. Despite the fact that the contesting party may prove some of the previously mentioned defects in the marriage, annulment may not be allowed, where that party has ratified the marriage. If the person seeking annulment is aware of the defects and nevertheless confirms the marriage, it is deemed ratified and not later subject to annulment. In effect, the complaining party has waived his right to contest the contract, unless it can be shown that the person ratifying the agreement was not aware of all of the material facts and therefore could not have knowingly waived his rights. </A
Anette

Postby Sophia » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:41 am

Oh god no, I actually have to divorce him
Sophia

Postby Nir » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:00 pm

yes you do
Nir

Postby Hafeezah » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 pm

No easy way out that I know of here.
If you can work it out, that's better. Not trying to cause problems, but one BIG thing is that he cheated on you. He shouldn't at any time, but was this before, or after, you got married
Hafeezah

Postby allan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:52 pm

It was before
Like I said, he was my first, so I stupidly forgave him assuming it would never happen again (Well, to my knowledge it never did. But he may have just gotten more clever at hiding it
allan

Return to Divorce