What do you do when the ex wants $

Divorce Discussion

Postby Olivie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Ok, I am the proud parent of a 13 yr old. Yeah! Seriously, I'm having an issue because the ex now wants child support, college fund and inheritance because the kid doesn't want to come over even though we had a great relationship up until a few months ago. I don't do drugs, I don't hit or yell and I have a nice home/job and spend "quality time" with the kid. Now things have hit a hormonal level of nasty, belligerent drama and the kid spent the summer with the other parent now the other parent wants child support. I am purposely leaving out the genders of all parties so I can get an unbiased opinion or advice. My question is: If the kid doesn't want to see me because of them being a typiy moody and hormonal teenager, should I be responsible to pay the other parent child support who has been/is a crappy parent ? The other parent leaves the kid at home more than 40 hours a week and can't be bothered to cook more than a few meals a week. If the kid has abandoned our relationship why should I be responsible to pay extra for thier choice? BTW we have a court ordered custody agreement that the kid and other parent have not followed, which I have been willing and pushing for but the kid doesn't want to come over and see me. I am looking for honest advice and help. I am not a crappy, loser parent I'm just stuck with an angry teenager who thinks that everything I say or do is wrong. I love my kid and have provided the kid with all the financial and emotional support that I can give but it's just not good enough. Please don't respond with anything nasty or mean. I'm not a douche bag or dead beat. Thanks
Olivie

Return to Divorce