Is the grass greener on the other side

Divorce Discussion

Re: Is the grass greener on the other side

Postby Haroon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:04 am

She loved telling me about it...I have
returned the favor. Not about the recent one, but the kids know about her (a little) and know that Dad is acting "differently" about this one
Haroon

Postby Giampaolo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:01 pm

I'd not have that conversation at all
I'd also tell the kids that you no longer really want to talk about the lovers if they are relaying the stories...friends, coworkers, anyone who's bringing up the subject. Draw the hard line...I do not wish to discuss it. Its drama filled bullshit. Frankly if my ex even attempted shit like that, it would be the last direct conversation she would have and I'd make that clear. Email, letters and text...emotionless and businesslike. Any reaction you give is validation
Giampaolo

Postby Albertine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:43 am

reaction
Umm, I am curious. Could you have avoided these interactions when you were getting div? Unfortunately, there are still interactions that have to take place about property settlement, etc. And the drama sorta just gets....SLIPPED IN
Albertine

Postby jasmin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:12 am

I did....my ex was screwing around and I knew it
I don't know why people felt motivated "just to let me know" but they did. I told them to stop. One, it fucking hurt and two it was none of my business, we were divorcing. That has nothing to do with the business at hand, in fact I used it to my advantage. While she was focusing on her new found sex drive and alcohol, I was focusing on knowing my rights and making long term strategies. I understood that was the fastest way out of the mess as much as I hated it. She freaked on me a few times during negotiations but I acted like we were putting together a grocery list. As soon as we parted I was a fucking mess, but I was a mess on MY terms
jasmin

Postby Jonie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:22 am

guess negotiations went your way
Okay I hear what youre saying...but I didnt have the money for a lawyer, its different when you have no lawyer. You get screwed. I wasnt even allowed 50% of the marital equity. Im sorry dude. If you had a less-than-fair settlement, I bet youd be a lot angrier, even now
Jonie

Postby Charline » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 am

I didn't get anywhere close to even either
I chose the peace and quiet to getting anything. It has worked for me. You sound like you could use a happy hour
Charline

Postby Sisile » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:02 pm

peace and quiet?
Peace and quiet? Wow, congrats you have that. Wish I could get even that much
Sisile

Postby CrystalBay » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 am

Sorry, you can't get there
I know it can be hard. I fought through my first divorce but in reality anything I gained faded quickly in a few years. The 2nd time, I just waked away with what would fit in my car. I even took the old beat up car
CrystalBay

Postby Charee » Fri May 13, 2011 12:02 am

doing what I need to do
WOW!! She was very well off financially. I had no job except caring for husband and home. NO bennies there. I AM trying to do for myself. Guess what? This country is in a deep recession and nobody's hiring. Not even temp agencies. So it is really frustrating bc I need support until I can get a job, but that's another thing he refused. Screw me, right? It would have been more merciful to shoot me in the head. If I ever get a job, then I agree w you-I can start getting on w my life
Charee

Postby Sinh » Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Well...you won't buy in to that program again
will you. Oh, my ex likes money, that's for sure. Hey, she earned her stuff, she's got two degrees but you know what? Its all gone except for the IRA. She quit her job and moved in with a guy in CA a year or so after the split. Guy promised to take care of her, except he didn't have any money. She had to move home with mom. I know your situation is different but I believe my advice still stands...zero reaction to HIM. Vent like hell here, bitch at life all you want..just never let him see you sweat. Fuck him
Sinh

PreviousNext

Return to Divorce